Thursday, September 2, 2010

rome.

collosseum.

I'm studying in Rome for the next four months, or as the nice Italian waiter corrected us, quattro mesi. The city is absolutely lovely. I feel like I'm constantly on the set of a movie, with the cobbled sidewalks, abundant ruins, zig zagging vespas and pot bellied Italian men who shout at each other down the streets. My Italian is pretty shaky, but luckily the people here understand our hand gesturing and butchered pronunciation enough that we can get by. And hopefully the introduction class that I'm taking and the day to day living will help me become at least conversational. I plan to share pictures and lost in translation stories, that I'm sure will be abundant, soon. For now though, I'm just taking everything in and marvelling at the city that I will now call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment