Monday, November 15, 2010

swissland.

 

I spent a wonderful weekend in Zug, Switzerland (outside of Zurich) with the Taube family. Their daughter, Melanie, is one of my best friends from university, and her parents were kind enough to let me stay in their house for the weekend. Not only did they give me a place to crash, but they also took me into Zurich to see a wonderful Picasso exhibit and shop for canned pumpkin, cranberries, and other Thanksgiving staples, since we were to have.....wait for it....THANKSGIVING DINNER!! on Sunday. Sure we were a little early, and we held it on a Sunday instead of a Thursday, and we watched Rugby afterwards instead of American football, but it was still wonderful. I was also was lucky enough to go up Mount Rigi to see wonderful views of the Swiss Alps. I know it's a cliched phrase, but the mountains were absolutely breathtaking. I just stood there for a good hour marveling at them all. It was a perfect weekend. Thanks to Lanie for letting me steal her family for a couple of days :)

 

Views from the Taube house. Not too shabby to wake up to.

Train ride up the mountain. Peace sign courtesy Georgie, the adorable 7 year old British child who came up the mountain with us.

Swiss Alps.





See mom. I'm not dead.

1 comment:

  1. Hony, nice to know that you are ALIVE!!! And on top of a ALP! What fun!! Love the jacket!

    ReplyDelete